Bartók család

Indította gecube, 2020 december 12, 15:34:32

Előző téma - Következő téma

gecube

Dear members,

please help me with the next issue.
I found that I am a far relative of Bartók Lajos. And there were two persons with this name and THE SAME place/date of birth.

The first one is a very famous writer, who was born in 1815 in Önöd and died in 1902 in Budapest.

Borovszky: Magyarország vármegyéi és városai Szatmár vármegye (Magyarország vármegyéi és városai, 1908)
Screenshot 2020-12-12 at 14.54.30.png
You cannot view this attachment.

The second one is rajztanár and his last living place was Vác, where he lived with his family and he worked in university.

Borovszky: Magyarország vármegyéi és városai Szatmárnémeti (Magyarország vármegyéi és városai, 1908)
Screenshot 2020-12-12 at 14.56.23.png
You cannot view this attachment.

Again - I want to emphasize - THESE TWO PERSONS ARE OFTEN INTERMIXED so there is great mess up in any sources I obtained.

I'd like to restore the historical justice and get more information about the second Bartók Lajos, shed the light on his life and move him away from the shadow of his famous namesake.

Another curious fact is that he is (probably) nephew of Bartók Gábor, (relatively) famous writer and professor from M.-Szigeth and Szatmár.

Skoumal Krisztián

Hi George,

he was born on July 28 as son of Lajos BARTÓK and Emilia GAÁL. But maybe you knew this?

Regards
Krisztián

gecube

Hi Krisztian,

Nice to meet you here !

Idézhe was born on July 28 as son of Lajos BARTÓK and Emilia GAÁL. But maybe you knew this?

Yes, I know, but as I knew - his mother was Katalin Gaál (probably she is my 3rd great uncle's mother.). I don't want to argue about it, probably could you add here his birth record?

Skoumal Krisztián

You also aren't right, she was rather Karolina.

gecube

Probably yes, you are right, thanks. You know, these Hungarian writings are sometimes difficult to decipher :-) Thanks again.