Antal Villanyi (Weisz) - searching for relatives and information

Indította Jay Yeakle, 2020 november 25, 17:12:14

Előző téma - Következő téma

Jay Yeakle

Hello researchers,
I am searching for any relatives or persons that would know of Antal Villanyi (Weisz).  FS ID: G48G-GGG
Antal was my great-uncle (my grandmothers brother).  Born Antal Weisz (Veisz) in 20 December 1906 in Felcsut, Feyer to Maria Weisz.  Maria's parents were Gyorgy Weisz and Tereza Scheibl.   
Maria was not married at the time, though the father was Anton Fuchs from Vertesboglar.  Maria and Anton immigrated to United States in April/May 1907, shortly after Antal was born.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-9TMJ-H7D?from=lynx1UIV8&treeref=G48G-GGG&i=187

Antal Weisz was married to Terez Monos in 6 April 1933 in Nagysap.  The record lists his occupation as m. kir. I. honv. tüzér oszt. tizedes (magyar királyi I. honvédségi tüzér osztály tizedes) (i.e. Hungarian Royal Artillery Division Corporal).  At that time his residence was Budapest X. Hungária körút 255.
Terez Monos was born in Bajna 16 August 1911 and was living in Nagysap when they were married.
Antal's Surname was changed in 1933 to "Villanyi" by order number of Ministry of Internal Affairs, Division III.: 34947/1933.

Antal Villanyi (Weisz) died 16 August 1971 of cancer of the larynx.  He was living at Budapest XII, Greguss Utca 12.  Terez Monos was listed as his spouse.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:W818-PWZM?from=lynx1UIV8&treeref=G48G-GGG

My primary question is did Antal Weisz and Terez Monos have any children?  Any Grandchildren?  I would love to be able to contact any living relatives and share our history.

Where is Antal buried?

Who raised Antal Weisz?  It appears that Gyrogy Weisz traveled to the United States in 1909 (from immigration records), as he is listed in the 1910 Census living with Anton Fuchs, Maria, and Henry and Annie Hornung (my father says Annie was Maria's sister, but I cannot find a record of this).  I have not found any further records of Gyorgy Weisz or of Tereza Scheibl.

What was his occupation from 1931 to 1971?  If he stayed in the military, how did he survive the devastation of WW2?

I appreciate any assistance.  Anna G. has been a wonderful help!

Jay Yeakle

Mihalik Béla

Dear Jay,

I just presume, that if he lived in the XII. district of Budapest at the time of his death, maybe he was buried in the Farkasréti Cemetery, which is one of the biggest cemeteries in Budapest. Their email is: farkasretitemeto@btirt.hu maybe they can look after in the register, whether his grave in this cemetery and whether it is still existing. If it is still existing, then most probably he had descendants, since in Budapest any grave should buy off in every 25 years.

Jay Yeakle

Thank you very much.  I have emailed them and wait for their reply.
Can you explain "any grave should buy-off in every 25 years"?  I am not familiar with this.

Mihalik Béla

Sorry, probably I used wrong English phrases. I try to explain: So for example, my great-grandfather died in 1990, when he was buried, my grandfather paid for the grave. 25 years later, in 2015 my mother had to pay again for the grave for another 25 years. In 2040 (I hope with my mother who will be 88 in that year) we should pay again for the grave for another 25 years. Then in 2065, when I will be 81... and so on :)

Jay Yeakle

Thank you.  And if you cannot pay for the grave, what happens to the deceased?

admin

The grave's plot will be sold for others and the remains (practially the bones) either will be overburied or will be exhumed and reburied in a "mass grave".
The second option happens if the grave once already was overburied and the second 'owner' don't renew the expiry of the grave for the next 25 years. In this case both remains will be exhumed when/before the grave's plot will be sold again.
The overbury or removing bones happens in lot of cases not strictly after the grave expired. In certain cemeteries or parts of cemeteries still can be found graves expired long decades ago.

Jay Yeakle

Thank you for that explanation.  So, when I traveled to Felcsut and looked in the cemetery for possible graves of ancestors, they could have been removed (I did not find any)?  Or is this more common in areas with large populations?  It is not a common practice in the United States, but it is a much younger country.

Mihalik Béla

In Budapest and bigger cities the 25 years is common if I know well. At the countryside, in villages or in smaller towns like Felcsút I think it is always depends on the local customs and orders, or who is the owner of the cemetery (the church or the local government).

For example in a tiny village in Heves county 15 years ago we still found the graves of my great-great-grandparents, who died in 1912 and in 1931, and the last burial into the grave was in 1959 of one of their daughters. A few years ago I heard that they cleared the cemetery a bit, so it is possible that unfortunately they removed the older graves.

Jay Yeakle

I have received this message concerning Antal Villanyi's grave:

Savelláné Lázár Krisztina <Savellane.LazarKrisztina@btirt.hu>
Tue 12/1/2020 1:43 AM
Translator - Translate Message
Tisztelt Jay Yeakle!
Hivatkozással hozzánk írt levelére válaszolom a következőket.
Az elhunyt Villányi Antal a Farkasréti temetőben nyugszik, a nyughely száma: UJ20-0-1-25.
A sírhely 2021-ben jár le.
Ebben a sírban nyugszik még:

-          Villányi Antalné
-          Bódi Imréné
-          Molnár Károlyné

Tisztelettel:
Maka Ágnes
adminisztrátor

Skoumal Krisztián

Hi Jay,

if you wouldn't understand the Hungarian completely:
Antal's grave is in the Farkasréti Cemetery at U20-0-1-25 (if I know well it is an urn grave's ID, and in this case he was cremated).
Expriy of the grave is 2021, here rest still his wife and Mrs. BÓDI (wife of Imre BÓDI) and Mrs. MOLNÁR (wife of Károly MOLNÁR).

Regards
Krisztián